Sunday, August 23, 2009

Miscellaneous

What an ordeal this is becoming! I just need to throw everything in and call it a day. Not gonna happen, I can't afford forgetting a single belonging. Its all near and dear to me. In other news, just eight days left! It seems too unreal. With each passing day, I'm thinking of things I'm gonna miss more and more. First and foremost my family. It will be the first time I'm away from home for any major holiday. Secondly, my friends. I wish I could take them all with me. But they too are carrying on about their own lives. Thirdly, certain foods that I know I will probably not be able to find in Greece. For instance, Oreos, I highly doubt they have them over there, and of course my mother's homemade cooking of all sorts. I don't think I'll have too much of a plight though with it since I've already grown quite fond of the Greek cuisine, spanakopita topping the list along side moussaka. I'm looking forward to my new mediterranean diet, and lifestyle. I'll be walking around alot more than I do now, taking buses, hailing cabs, perhaps a boat or two. It should be alot more economical as well. I'm intending on being the thrifty/ dirt poor college student while there, and what better way than to embrace the green scene too while I'm at it.
Not that I believe in global warming, its just harsh on the environment in general. I really ought to adjust my sleep cycle to cope with the seven hours (ahead) difference. I don't think I can bring myself to that though.
Talk about sleep makes me sleepy.
I don't think I'm going to have much of a problem adjusting afterall.

"Can you take me higher?"

No comments:

Post a Comment