Thursday, August 20, 2009

Are you ready for what's to come?

Before:






:After
I have to ask my self "Am I fully prepared?" I think I will know the answer to that only when I step on the plane. There are merely 12 days left till take off and I still have to pack everything. I've invested in vaccuum sealed "space bags" and have done a practice run with the majority of my clothes. It seems that there will be just enough room for everything. Initially, I was planning on having each suitcase weight 45 lbs to be on the safe side (50 lbs max in US international flights, 2 suitcases), but I've discovered that once i'm in Greece it changes to 44 lbs max (20 kg). In order to play it safe i'm packing each suitcase to 42 lbs now. I don't want to incur any overweight fees. Personal note: Women's purses should not be considered "carry on" they are better yet an extention of one's own body, an extra appendage. We do carry the world in them afterall! I tried down sizing my clothes to only what I absolutely must take, but it still seems like an aweful lot. One has to take into consideration all four seasons I will be there for though. I'm not planning on doing much shopping while I'm there on the count of I will not have money to spend unfortunately. Student loans are another thing that I am considering now. Even though I've received two different scholarships, have bright futures and have financial aid, it still doesn't seem to be enough. I'm confused about which schools tuition I'm paying for (i.e my host school, or home school). Several questions are suddenly on my mind, and I need answers. Next week seems like a week of solving. I will spend this weekend packing. Today, I was in search of a novel to read during my journey. I spent a couple hours in the bookstore, and couldn't find a single thing about either Greece or studying abroad. I guess this means I should write a story on that. Also, I won't mention what happened exactly, but there were 2 close call situations today that would have left this trip for doom. Every day that comes closer the more axiety I have about it actually becoming a reality. You would think it'd be the opposite right?
Like I said, until I'm on the plane.

"I'm entitled to overcome"
~Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment