Friday, August 28, 2009

3 days until take off!

Dear follower,


I have been extremely busy with packing and making sure I have everything in line, but so far so good. I made my last trip down to Tampa to see my Study Abroad advisor for our last departure meeting. It turns out that he will also be travelling to Greece for about two weeks. In the meeting we discussed safety, travelling guidelines, means of communication once in Greece, and many other important topics. I'm finishing up the last bit of my packing today then the only thing left to do is enjoy my last weekend at home. My aunt is making a surprise dinner for me tomorrow night, very much looking forward to it. On Sunday night, I will put all my luggage in the car so I won't have to bother with it Monday morning, and we can just hit the road at 8:30. In other news, I've cancelled all credit cards, and informed the bank that I would be out of the country, and where I'd be staying for the next 9 or so months. Also, there is a conversion rate for each transaction made on my check card, and a fee for each item on ATM, in other words only withdraw cash, nothing else like check balance. I've taken the liberty of transferring a fair amount of dollars into Euros. Now with that peace of mind..."I'm on my wayyyyy"!
(Top: 300 euros in small dinominations,
bottom, Greek flag).
"Destiney is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." ~ William Jennings Bryan.
For a little history on Greek currency check out :

No comments:

Post a Comment