Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Here!

Loipon...eimai edw sthn Thessaloniki!. (So I'm here in Thessaloniki).
Its the most wonderful and exciting place I've had the pleasure of experiencing thus far. Its been 4 days since I've arrived, and I've been enjoying this place far too much to even sit down and write about it. But Now I will take the time to do so.
When I first saw this place from over head in the plane I was so taken with the landscape! The trees, the hills, and mountains. Its absolutely gorgeous. When I came to the center of the city, that sits right on the water I could only stare at the sight and take it in. Everywhere there are people walking, sitting and talking over coffee. The entire strip is lined with cafes.
The people here are incredibly friendly, and truly know how to enjoy life. As for the food, I think this place ought to be dubbed one of the culinary capitals of the world. From slouvaki, to sweets, and coffee beverages of all sorts, and of course the traditional greek cuisine, its all extremely delicious.
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment